Hard cranking 1999 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Bratton

Reaction score
For the past 6 months My tahoe is getting harder to start. I thought it was the fuel pump and I removed the fuel tank and rplaced the fuel pump. I was told the problem could be the fuel pressure regulator. I was told this was replaced when I had the intake manifold gaskets replaced after a water leak.
This does not happen every time but on ocassion it is really hard to start. I have checked the ground from the fuel pump.....kinda running out of ideas
anybody got any experience in this area>
thanks Bob

elmora805

Reaction score
Do you hear the fuel pump activate when you turn the key. I had the same problem with my tahoe about a year ago ended up being the starter. Figured that out after the fuel pump was replaced.

Bob Bratton

Reaction score
thanks elmora 805.......
I replaced th starter before the fuel pump thinking might have been starter drag....that did not seem to help. This acts like the old vapor lock I used to get on my 65 gto

Bob Bratton

Reaction score
come to think about I have never heard the fuel pump.....but my hearing is not too good also. But you would think it was working or the engine would not run at all would it??