for those with 100k plus miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sweetnurse429

Reaction score
I know the "normal" things to do but my wifes hoe just hit 100k. Is there anything specific I need to look at or do? I want to make sure EVERYTHING is good incase we dont get to trade in for a new yukon xl. Hopeing to get a new one. just dont know about our neg oweing.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tranny. Not many people here will to say anything bad about them but the 4L60e is prone to problems around the 100K mark.

overpar83

Reaction score
I just rolled 100K on mine also. I just changed the oil and went with synthetic, changes sparkplugs and am going to have the differental fluids changed also. My tranny was replaced at 79K so I am not doing anything on that right now.
Mine still runs like a champ. I was having some MPG issues having just purchased this not too long ago but the good folks on the forum gave me some good advise and so far so good.

Thanks all.

mike tahoe

Reaction score
2000 4wd Hoe front door actuator

I have a 2000 4wd Hoe which the drivers door actuator (or something) sticks
and locks me out . Has anybody had this prob? Is it the actuator or some other (linkage) problem. How can I tell?

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not replace anything until it breaks, leaks, or anything else. maybe get a tune up if you havent recently

The tranny. Not many people here will to say anything bad about them but the 4L60e is prone to problems around the 100K mark.

Yeah the trannys are not the greatest just the luck of the draw you might get a good 1 or bad. Some go out early like overpar83's or it could last longer like mine has 152K on it but it is having trouble here recently.

Last edited:

kandywhips504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just hit 100k myself, something with my stearing just started acting up, when im going really slow or parking or something its really hard to turn the stearing wheel to the right, it feels like the power stearing is going out but then when i turn it to the left its perfect