Failed electric outside mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C-Kip Green

Reaction score
Good Morning,
I joined the Forum for the tech stuff. I drive a '08 Corvette and my wife drives a '07 tahoe that we bought new. the Tahoe has 90K miles and it's part of the family and we intend to keep it a long time.
I have experienced failure of both side mirrors. Dealer wants much money to replace/repair and I am hoping there is some alternative advice from experienced Tahoe folks.
Thanks for the forum.

Tex99Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum C-Kip Green.

(??? Where do you guys get these user names ???)

If BOTH mirrors went inop at the same time, I'd start by checking the fuse, then suspect the switch...

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What part failed ? the mirrors up and down adjustment and power folding features are the most commonly failed features of those mirrors however like mentioned by c kip green if they both failed at the same time I do agree.. suspect the circuit protector and or the driver door module/switch... if it is the driver door module it will need to have software downloaded into it before it works at your local dealership

Zac Lark

Reaction score
I have experience the same thing with the folding. Mirror adjustment works fine but just can't fold them in and out all of a sudden. I'm currently trying to figure it out. Everyone seems to have one side or the other quit and it's usually an alignment or a motor. Mine get a burst of power and a faint click when I hit the button so I know I have continuity to the motors. But then it's as if it hits a limit switch immediately and no more power. I've tried to reset the alignment by the button sequence and also tried to reset the alignment manually by moving the mirrors. Those are the only two tricks I found. If you haven't heard of these remedies then feel free to let me know, but they didn't work for me so I'm not too confident. I feel slightly defeated.