cruise control issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rmc-etc

Reaction score
The cruise on my '99 yukon works for a while then just shuts off and won't re-engage. Just wondering if anyone has seen that type of behavior and if the fault was found.

thanks

Rick90467

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's actually very common. It is most likely to be in the wiring on the steering column.

95ThAHOE

Reaction score
yeah I had the cruise control stop working on me for a little while, then it just started working one day. Mechanic said it was the wiring but it works now so i'm not going to fix it until it stops working again. good luck

DOOZ

Reaction score
Hey Rick, (or anyone who knows)
Can you be alittle more specific on the wiring in the column? i.e. connector or broken wire? I really want my roll control back! - thanks DOOZ

Rick90467

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohm out the switch and look for chaffing around the base of the blinker control arm. It seems like everyone that has problems with these replaced the harness and never could find the actual problem. Mine was the switch, it was poorly designed. Must have been made by the same folks that made these p.o.s. key fobs.