Converting Heated Seats to Heated/Cooled Ones

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gregbj33

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I have heated seats on first and second rows. First question is can I buy something or mod something to make my seas be cooled for summertime. Second question, is it me or does the temperature of the seats relate to the temp on the heat. Seems like when my heater is on 90 the seats once warmed up are scalding. When its around 80, the seats stay pretty comfortable. Can something be done, so when A/C is on the seats will get cold.

Greg

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure this out too. I'm not sure but I think (don't know) that GM has a deal with a company that uses a system that has a special element distributed throughout the seat that when current passes through in one direction it heats, when current runs opposite direction it cools. If not too expensive, this is good because it seems easily possible to add to your seat, as opposed to running cold air through hole in the seat. But I suppose it would replace your entire seat heater system as well, which, whatever. If there is a way I want to do it too. If anyone knows anything, let us know.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heated seats I believe are separate from Heating/AC system. The 09's will have what you're looking for in regard to cooled seats. Seems we're a day late and a dollar short.
To make any kind of conversion for a cooled seat, better re mortgage the house.......lol. Would be very pricey if it could be done at all.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's gonna be a lot of seatless LTZs sitting on the lots next year...

w84no1

Reaction score
I was at the dealership and they had a 2008 Escalade with heated and cooled seats. I wonder if you can get those to work with a Tahoe???

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at the dealership and they had a 2008 Escalade with heated and cooled seats. I wonder if you can get those to work with a Tahoe???

If anybody figures this out, sign me up...

bisignano

Reaction score
I don't know about the cooled seats, however, I would love to have the ability to move the seat like the BMW 745IL. You can do just about anything with them.