attempting my first brake fluid flush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heftylefty58

Reaction score
Way back in 2009, I ordered 2 liters of "Super Blue Racing" Dot 4 brake fluid with the intention of flushing the brakes on my 2003 Yukon Denali myself. Long story short, due to unexpected life events, I ended having having the work done by my mechanic.

Well, I'm due for another flush. This time, I'd like to attempt the job myself. I plan to buy a Motive Power Bleeder (kit 108), but before I move forward, I'm hoping I could get your feedback:

1) The brake fluid I bought is now SEVEN YEARS OLD. However, both containers have never been opened; they are still sealed. Regardless, should I just throw out this brake fluid and buy new fluid? Or, is it still safe to use?
2) Is 2L enough?
3) If possible, I'd like to avoid putting up the entire vehicle on jack stands. (My garage is the only level space I have access to, and there's so much shelving/crap in it that my vehicle barely fits inside.) Anyway, has anyone attempted a brake flush without taking the wheels off? Is the job that much more of a pain?

Any/all thoughts are appreciated, and thanks in advance.

xCMVoms.jpg

wBn4SZw.jpg