99 wont start...help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff99

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my 99 tahoe has been siting in the garage for about 4 days and i went out to drive it today and it wont start. battery is good. getting fuel..everything was fine that last time i drove it.. it has 200k but that shouldnt matter..the motor is turning over and it is trying to start. i noticed in my garage that it is very cool compared to the outside 95 degrees and 45 % humd. also there was a bunch of water under the tahoe. i have cement floors..this has never happend..after i popped the hood i could see water drops every where under the hood. i think that being so humid and hot out that water has gotten in some where it shouldnt...plugs and wires are all fine fluids are good..another thing after i turn off the key once it wont start..it sound like one or two pistons fire and then stop...only at the end of me trying to start it..is it worest then i think or what..help me out guys....

jeff

MiamiJack

Reaction score
I have a 1999 Tahoe as well. Mine did the same thing about 2 months ago, it ended up being the alternator. Hope that helps. Good luck!!!

-Jack.

98hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a firing issue. Plugs and wires are good so I would check timing and distributer

DOOZ

Reaction score
if you have condensation that bad under the hood what do you think is going on in the distributer cap? use some compressed air blow out the distributer cap and rotor, then give it another crank.

jeff99

Reaction score
so it sat out in the middle of the driveway for two days and now it starts fine..i dont know what it is but now it runs..i am not going to park into the garage anymore..i think it was all the humd air and the weather..thanks alot guys

jeff