08 Tahoe PPV electrical issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbrt43

Reaction score
I have never posted to this forum but I need some help and if the questions have been asked and answered, I apologize, but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

I drive a 2008 Tahoe PPV that has started having electrical issues that are sporadic, but seem to be spreading and getting worse. Initially it started with the door locks locking and unlocking while I was driving down the road, then the drivers door cluster stopped working when the door was open. It worked fine when closed, but nothing worked when it was open more than a few inches. Now the driver's door cluster doesn't work, at all. Even when the vehicle has been driven regularly if it sits more than 24 hours, it has to be jumped, even though the battery tests good, and while it will not make a sound when the key is turned, as soon as the jumper cables are attached, it starts without a problem. The last few days, after jumping it, the tach doesn't work, and it shifts very hard from 1st to 2nd, plus it runs very rough and doesn't have much power, although it will eventually gain speed. After driving it for a while, I have been able to kill it for about 10 minutes and the tach resumes working and it shifts normal.

Also the Driver Door Open warning is showing on the instrument panel, even though the door is closed.

Any help and information is appreciated.

Thanks