yukon 2006 e brake or ? noise on driving-goes away on highway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foxxycat

Reaction score
have a 2006 Yukon with 214,000 miles or so-

Thursday night I used the e brake for the first time in a long time.

on the way home from where I was-it made a weird flat tire noise=pulled over-nope no flat tire.

noise sounds like a whirring/clicking of something hitting a shaft that is spinning-thought it was cv boot-that is fine.

my mechanic is 25 miles away next to where I work=drove it to his place on sat-the noise was obnoxious until the highway then went away or not loud.

yesterday he took the back wheels off to check the drums and found the dust shield is rusted and bent over-said that the ebrake has it's own sub assembly inside the drum and took out most of the dust shield that looked all ratty. he told me to drive it and tell him what I think

I got onto highway to go home and it acted up..got off the next ramp back to his shop=grabbed one of the guys-drove around trying to get it to come back..20 min later it came back and was on a windy slow road and it didn't seem to matter if I steer left or right-but if I was going 25-40 it was most noticeable. once get up to 50 and up it seemed to go away.

they told me to drive it home. it only did it once on back road. highway was fine. drove it 65-70 and didn't seem to act up.

this morning it acted up on the back road on the way to highway=once on highway-it is only a soft clicking/whirring noise=the tires are all seasons and properly inflated-no broken belt in tire that they could see.

he did say I have an inner tie rod end and lower control arm or somwthing like that that needs to be replaced soon but he didn't think that was causing the noise.

Anyone ever have this happen?