Exhaust, catback or crap???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathT

Reaction score
I have a 07 Tahoe 4wd 5.3l and I could not decide from the Magnaflow, Corsa, Borla choices for cat back exhaust.
I have been studying the cat back designs..ad naseum. I decided to first try the standard muffler replacement with the flowmaster 42443, $110 installed save $1000 and just see if I can live with it, see i am a lowkey kinda guy and i saw that the resonator is a straight through design and the 2.75 inch muffler pipe is plenty big to move exhaust through, i will just replace the restrictive muffler and see what Happens. Well so far it has been awesome, low rumble growl and at throttle it will really scream. My 5.3 has really come alive. I am going to run a few tanks of gas through her and decided if the cat back is really just a flimflam or is there something really to it. Ever since I had my first truck, 1978 Chevy Scotsdale 4x4 and ordered my dual exhausts from JC whitney. I have been hooked on the custom exhaust craze, well now I gonna try and quiet those demons and take a real unbiased approach.
What are your thoughts, Catback or Crap???

Read more: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/98854-Exhaust-catback-or-crap#ixzz26O5v4dQ5