2006 Tahoe dash and radio lights out...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gunnjb

Reaction score
On my 2006 Tahoe some of the lights are out in the factory radio, the climate controls and also the switches in the steering wheel. Can these bulbs be changed? How difficult? I have seen the switches in the steering wheel on the web for sale. Is it better to just by new of those rather than try to change out bulbs? Thanks for any assistance here.

tk3333

Reaction score
Same with mine. Had it back to the dealer a few times to fix when it was under warranty. They replaced the radio a couple times. It has happened again not to mention the speakers on the left side no longer work either. Hope someone can lend some advice.

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those components are not serviceable they have soldered LEDs onto cicuit boards.. so they need to be replaced...@TK swap out the speakers from the left side to the right you can start there

Metaldrgn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upgrade the head unit. I love having Bluetooth to play music from my phone or just connect a thumb drive or iPod.

Metaldrgn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Climate controls might have changeable bulbs. The switches on the steering wheel with probably have to be replaced or repaired.