Go Back   Tahoe Forum - Chevy Tahoe Forum > 2000 - 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe / GMC Yukon / Cadillac Escalade Year Models > General Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade Discussion Forum

Welcome to the Tahoe Forum - Chevy Tahoe Forum.
Register to remove these ads.

General Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade Discussion Forum General Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade Discussion Forum

Old 04-29-2008, 08:24 AM   #1
kingkon
Tahoeforum Noob

kingkon is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 yukon erratic idle

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
hello to all. I am new to this forum and this is my last stop to find info on a problem I am having. My 2000 yukon (new body style) has a problem with the idle. Mainly when the ac is on the idle goes up and down as the compressor kicks on and off. It also does it when thier is nothing on. I was told by the dealership numerous times it was the fuel injectors. I have had them cleaned several times no help. If thier is anyone with this problem and knows how to fix it would be a great help.
thanks in advance
kingkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:34 AM   #2
Rivieraracing
Full Access Member

Rivieraracing is on a distinguished road

Try getting yourself some throttle body cleaner spray (Seafoam makes a product called "Deep Creep") and clean out the throttle body at the flapper and all around it, then also get some cleaner spray for your Mass Airflow Sensor (located between your airfilter and air tube going to the engine)(also the spray must be for your MAF, anything else might damage it). Try those, both help me greatly with my idling problem and also made my truck run better as well.
Rivieraracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:02 AM   #3
kingkon
Tahoeforum Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivieraracing View Post
Try getting yourself some throttle body cleaner spray (Seafoam makes a product called "Deep Creep") and clean out the throttle body at the flapper and all around it, then also get some cleaner spray for your Mass Airflow Sensor (located between your airfilter and air tube going to the engine)(also the spray must be for your MAF, anything else might damage it). Try those, both help me greatly with my idling problem and also made my truck run better as well.
will try it today. Thanks
Old 05-05-2008, 08:06 AM   #4
kingkon
Tahoeforum Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivieraracing View Post
I want to thank you for the heads up on the Seafoam products. I did the treatment this weekend and it is a miracle. The erratic idle is gone and the yukon runs nice and smoothe now. It is amazing that the dealer changed a bunch of parts (thankfully under warranty) and could not find the problem and a simple 6$ bottle of seafoam took care of the problem. Thanks again!!!!
Old 05-06-2008, 12:18 AM   #5
Rivieraracing
Full Access Member

Rivieraracing is on a distinguished road

No problem man, I was not sure about doing it myself but finally broke down and did it, helped me out a ton on my idling problem!!
Rivieraracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:29 PM   #6
nephite1978
Full Access Member

nephite1978 is on a distinguished road

What cleaner would you recommend for cleaning the MAF sensor? Also, is it easy to unhook? Just a few wires/connectors?
nephite1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:57 PM   #7
Mr45
Full Access Member

Mr45 is on a distinguished road

Mine did the same, and cleaning the Throttle Body did the trick too.
Mr45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:09 PM   #8
Yuke2K
Full Access Member

Yuke2K is on a distinguished road

I just did the seafoam thing in my 2000 Yukon SLE too, along with a pretty thorough throttle body cleaning with Deep Creep. Man, that stuff is great. I used the PCV line to suck a little less than half of the seafoam in, then dumped the rest into the crankcase and added an additional bottle to the fuel tank. My truck smoked pretty good for about 4 minutes or so, but after that it was done. Initially I didn't notice all that much difference...but today, holy hell, you can REALLY feel it once you get into the pedal a bit - the low end really got restored on my 5.3!

I'm going to run another can through next week, just to make sure that all the carbon I loosened up in the throttle body gets removed.
Yuke2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:30 PM   #9
kingkon
Tahoeforum Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephite1978 View Post
What cleaner would you recommend for cleaning the MAF sensor? Also, is it easy to unhook? Just a few wires/connectors?
I cleaned the throttle body with the seafoam "deep creep" . It removed tons of soot from the tb. I did not touch the maf sensor and everything worked awesome.
Good Luck
Old 05-07-2008, 12:40 PM   #10
Yuke2K
Full Access Member

Yuke2K is on a distinguished road

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephite1978 View Post
What kingkon said. Unless you are having issues specifically related to the MAF sensor, I would NOT mess with it. The little wires running across the inside are extremely fragile and easy to screw up, which would cause you all sorts of headaches.
Yuke2K is offline   Reply With Quote