Go Back   Tahoe Forum - Chevy Tahoe Forum > 2007 + Chevrolet Tahoe / GMC Yukon / Cadillac Escalade Year Models > Technical Discussions

Welcome to the Tahoe Forum - Chevy Tahoe Forum.
Register to remove these ads.

Technical Discussions This forum is for technical discussions related to customizing your Tahoe/Yukon

Old 05-05-2010, 08:11 AM   #1
clayton375
Tahoeforum Noob

clayton375 is on a distinguished road
Default Climate Control problems!!!

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
I am a deployed soldier and my wife is the current driver of my 2007 Z71. She has driven it on a few occasions stating that when the A/C is in auto mode and its hot outside it will all of a sudden start blowing hot air. She sets the temp down to 60 and it still blows hot air.

Then she starts it up later and it works fine. Few days later again. The dealer has been no help as they cannot duplicate the problem.

Any ideas?
clayton375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:02 PM   #2
73shark
Full Access Member

73shark is on a distinguished road

First thank you for your service.

One possibility is that system is low on R134a and the suction pressure gets too low and shuts down the compressor. Ask her if the hot air seems humid. If it does, then the compressor is shutting down. Hopefully someone else can offer more suggestions.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
SAM13400
Tahoeforum Noob

SAM13400 is on a distinguished road

I have a 07 Yukon and had the same problem. The dealer had to replace my damper regulators in the heater box. Mine would blow out hot air no matter what temp the auto temp control was on. They replaced the main control board as well and reprogrammed it. Hope this helps.
SAM13400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
bigham
Tahoeforum Noob

bigham is on a distinguished road
grin

Ooh Rah Devil Dog!
Keep your powder dry and be safe.
bigham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #5
smorse52
Tahoeforum Apprentice Member

smorse52 is on a distinguished road

The problem lies in the sensor above the drivers head. There is a perforated plastic cylinder that is a climate sensor with a fan in it. I had the same problem, my dealer had to clean my head liner and when they did (I am assuming) they sprayed the cleaner into this sensor. I had greasy fingerprints on my liner after service that they had to remove. So when I got it back my climate control was off. They replaced the sensor and the fan blades were clicking against the plastic, the third time they replaced it was a charm. No more problems.
smorse52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:14 AM   #6
CodeB4U
Tahoeforum Apprentice Member

CodeB4U is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
First thank you for your service.

One possibility is that system is low on R134a and the suction pressure gets too low and shuts down the compressor. Ask her if the hot air seems humid. If it does, then the compressor is shutting down. Hopefully someone else can offer more suggestions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM13400 View Post
I have a 07 Yukon and had the same problem. The dealer had to replace my damper regulators in the heater box. Mine would blow out hot air no matter what temp the auto temp control was on. They replaced the main control board as well and reprogrammed it. Hope this helps.
Will solve your problem if the dealer checks those. It's either one of those two, one long shot could possibly be the temp sensors acting up in the a/c vent ducts.
CodeB4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
MattDRN
Tahoeforum Newcomer

MattDRN is on a distinguished road

I know this is an old thread, but I have a related issue with my 03 tahoe.. sort of. Mine will only blow cold air unless the temp is set to 90. It doesnt matter if it is on auto or manual, where the fan speed is set to, or outside/inside temp. does anyone have any sugestions where to start looking?
MattDRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #8
weslazenby
Tahoeforum Newcomer

weslazenby is on a distinguished road

Ok heres the deal with my 04 tahoe , sometimes when you need A/C it will blow as it should on the passenger side but the driver gets heat...And it might do the same in the winter only cold air blows out. It doesnt last for too long then does what its sposed to do. Any suggestions ?
weslazenby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #9
clkelley
Super Moderator

clkelley is on a distinguished road

for the last questions, you may need to replace your mode actuators, this is very common for them to break their hinges and leave you with one or the other, heat or cold. It is a "Blend door Actuator" that you will need, but there are three under the dash, one for defrost, one for the drivers side and one for the passenger side. If the warm air is coming out of the driver's side when the AC is on, then the actuator for that is just under the dash by where the driver's right foot would be, if you have a center console it will have to be either removed or at least loosened to get to it for removal and replacement.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote