Go Back   Tahoe Forum - Chevy Tahoe Forum > 1994 - 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe/GMC Yukon Year Models > Audio, Video and Alarm Discussions

Register to remove these ads.
Audio, Video and Alarm Discussions This forum is for discussing audio and video topics. Such as upgrading or repairing your A/V system.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #1
joeysworld
Tahoeforum Apprentice Member

joeysworld is on a distinguished road
Default L O C on stereo screen

1999 TAHOE

I had my tahoe on car stand for a few days while I was replacing the fuel pump. While it was on stands, it was also disconnected from the battery.

Putting it together yesterday, I read, "L O C" on the screen/menu.

Does anyone have experience with this?
joeysworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:03 AM   #2
qlc1964
Full Access Member

qlc1964 is on a distinguished road

some one put a lock number code on the radio if someone steal it call a dealer see
if they can reset it.
qlc1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:37 PM   #3
96ProCompTahoe
Full Access Member

96ProCompTahoe is on a distinguished road

they can reset it but the guy at the salvage yard said its not cheap for them to "unlock" it.
96ProCompTahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:05 AM   #4
qlc1964
Full Access Member

might be a good time to replace the radio with a better one
or if you take it to the dealer be sure they give the code.

each time you un hook the batt pos it will lock
Old 09-17-2008, 01:41 AM   #5
Razincayne

Razincayne is on a distinguished road

Might give these guys a call. They charge $10.00 and will e-mail your unlock code to you. Sure beats the big bucks you will spend at the dealership. I took the below information off there website. Might be worth the phone call.
( 407-830-0777 ) Sure hope this helps you out.

For Coded GM Car Radios with "LOC" or "InOP" in the Display
Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Oldsmobile and Pontiac

LOC - There is a customer's code stored in the radio. The car radio is locked.

To unlock the car radio - Have a pen and paper ready. Push and hold stereo preset buttons 2 and 3 simultaneously for several seconds. Three digits will appear in the display "XXX", write them down. Push the AM/FM button, three more digits will appear in display "YYY", write them down. Remember this six digit number, "XXXYYY" when you call them.

After your payment and six digit number sequence is received you will be emailed the unlock code for your car radio. Each radio code is retrieved independently, you will be emailed the unlock code for your particular number sequence. Normal response time is within 1-6 hours. Holidays, weekends and late hour orders may be delaye

When your unlock code is received by email, locate the "Hr" and "Min" buttons on your stereo. Most unlock codes are four or six digits.

Unlock procedure for four digit codes. Push the "Hr" button, 000 will appear in display. Press the hour button until you match the first one/two numbers of your unlock code. If first two digits of unlock code are greater than 9, the display will become a four digit number, continue until first two digits match unlock code. For second two digits of unlock code press the "Min" button until numbers match. When unlock code is entered into display, push the AM/FM button. Radio will become active.

Unlock procedure for six digit codes. Push the "Hr" button, 000 will appear in display. Press the hour button until you match the first number of your unlock code. For second two digits of unlock code press the "Min" button until numbers match. When first three digits of unlock code is entered into display, push the AM/FM button. Repeat the above process for second set of three numbers of unlock code.
Razincayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:23 AM   #6
joeysworld

Sorry it took me so long to repost.

I unlocked it, and for all of you with "L O C" on your stock radio, I believe 2003 and older, here's the procedure I found from a very kind individual that I'm going to share with you.....FREE!

This procedure is FREE! There is no charge..... It worked for me.

The following procedure will give you a new code that you can use instead of your personal code. Using this new code, you can “unlock” your radio and then “re-lock” it with a new code if you wish. Prerequisites: The radio must be in LOC mode NOT in INOP mode. Let me explain. If you have activated the Theft-Deterrent feature of your radio and loose power, the radio goes into LOC (theftlock) mode. With the ignition on, you must use the MN and HR buttons to enter you personal code in order to unlock it (The instructions are on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner’s manual). If you fail to enter the correct code eight (8) times, the radio goes into INOP mode. You have to wait an hour with the ignition on before the radio returns to LOC mode (go for a long drive somewhere).

Procedure:

01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)

02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds

03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.

04. Press the AM/FM button

05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.

06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05

07. Call 1 800 537 5140

08. Press 1 then # (pound). You’ll hear “Invalid Code, try again”

09. Press 139010 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by * (start)

10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then * (star)

11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice

12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)

13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11

14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC Your radio is now “un-locked” and usable. The Theft-Deterrent feature is STILL active! If you want to disable it, use the instruction in your Owner’s manual. Use the code from STEP 11 instead of your personal code.

Last edited by joeysworld; 09-17-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:38 AM   #7
TahoeGoBoom
Full Access Member

TahoeGoBoom is on a distinguished road

just outta curiousity, and very off topic, are those the '07- up LTZ 20's on your tahoe? cuz thats exactly what i wanna do on mine, either that or trailblazer ss rims. but the dealer wants 1800 for em... and im not into theft. so now i gotta find someone who got some 26's n will sell me their old stuff.
TahoeGoBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:52 PM   #8
joeysworld

Yeah, they are off of an 08 chevy. Not sure if it was an LTZ, but the person who was selling them was buying some new rims/tires and lifting his truck. Look on craigslist. Thats where I found mine.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:21 AM   #9
qlc1964
Full Access Member

yeah !!!they do look pretty good i must say
Old 09-21-2008, 01:29 PM   #10
joeysworld

Thank you!