Go Back   Tahoe Forum - Chevy Tahoe Forum > 2000 - 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe / GMC Yukon / Cadillac Escalade Year Models > General Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade Discussion Forum

Register to remove these ads.
General Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade Discussion Forum General Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade Discussion Forum

Old 11-02-2007, 10:09 PM   #1
JKmotorsports
tahoeyukonforum.com

JKmotorsports is on a distinguished road
pissed Finally happened. My 'hoe got hit today!!

Yep. It happened in a parking lot today. Just as I was turning right into a parking spot, the truck behind me kept going and hit the side of my truck. Damaged the rear passenger door and part of the rear quarter between the door and rear wheel well. AND, hit my rear wheel. Luckily, the paint from the other truck on my wheel rubbed off and only very light surface scratches are on the lip.
But the bad thing.... she had no license or insurance!!!!!:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: She couldn't speak English. And when I mentioned Police, she cried " No Policia! No Policia!" I knew right then and there she didn't have insurance. Sure enough, she didn't. Luckily I have full coverage just in case this were to happen. Just sucks. Now I have to drop my truck off to a body shop and be without my truck for probably a week or so. And even worse, I have to somehow share a car with my wife because i have my other car in my garage getting a motor swap. My wife and I work on completely opposite sides of the city, so that's going to be tough. What a crappy day. What a crappy week it's going to be.
Oh, and to top it all off, she got away with no ticket or anything. Because it happened in a parking lot on private property (business property owner's), the police could not do anything!! So she got to drive off scott-free:cuss: :mad2: :cuss: Cops said I have to deal with my insurance company or go to civil court.
Anyway, sorry so long. I needed to vent.
$**%^##@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JKmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:16 PM   #2
Getwired
Full Access Member

Getwired is on a distinguished road
Default NOOOOOO!!!!!

Dude, that TOTALLY sucks.

I wouldda pulled a Chuck Norris (i.e. Walker, Texas Ranger) on her foreign a$$. Forget the Policia, gimme the frickin' INS!

Man, dude, I'm sorry... It doesn't sound like anyone was injured, so that's the most important thing.

Your Hoe will get fixed, but it does suck. :nonod: We're here for you man! :yesnod:
Getwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:22 PM   #3
JKmotorsports
tahoeyukonforum.com

Oh yea. I forgot to mention...at least no one was injured
Old 11-02-2007, 10:23 PM   #4
Jordan23
Full Access Member

Jordan23 is on a distinguished road

Man that's some BS!
Jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:40 PM   #5
Rollin Thunder
Full Access Member

Rollin Thunder is on a distinguished road

man that SUCKS, im so protective of my yukon, i park where nobody parks, or next to other yukons who hopefully appreciate theirs enough to not to hit mine, how was she even alowed to drive off the lot with no licence, if i was cought driving with out a licence i would probably go to jail or not be able to get a licence for a while. im sorry that happend to you :cryin: :cryin: :mad2: that would Pi$$ me off so bad. i would go to civil court, you have a VERY good case, the lady driving probably was not even a us citizen , with no green card, here it is illeagle to NOT have insurance, much less no licence.
Rollin Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:02 PM   #6
JKmotorsports
tahoeyukonforum.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder View Post
.... how was she even alowed to drive off the lot with no licence.... here it is illeagle to NOT have insurance, much less no licence.

:nonod: The truck she was driving wasn't even in her name. Supposedly she was making payments to the people whose name was on the EXPIRED insurance card that was in the vehicle. It's illegal not to have insurance or license here as well. Too bad there's a law here that prevents traffic citations on private property.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:07 PM   #7
Rollin Thunder
Full Access Member

Rollin Thunder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKmotorsports View Post
:nonod: The truck she was driving wasn't even in her name. Supposedly she was making payments to the people whose name was on the EXPIRED insurance card that was in the vehicle. It's illegal not to have insurance or license here as well. Too bad there's a law here that prevents traffic citations on private property.
for someone who had probably never driven they should have started her in an aveo or somthing equally as small, what kinda truck??

with laws like that, if i was mad at someone i could go over with the yukon and ram their car in their drive way and get away with it. man that sucks

Last edited by Rollin Thunder; 11-02-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Rollin Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:38 PM   #8
Nappers
Full Access Member

Nappers is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear that JK, no matter how hard you try to protect your ride, it happens.

My wife thankfully parks away from shopping carts/cart park areas, other cars and if she has to, parks near an upper class car.

Hope you get her fixed, you have a nice ride.

Aaron
Nappers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:41 PM   #9
JKmotorsports
tahoeyukonforum.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappers View Post
Sorry to hear that JK, no matter how hard you try to protect your ride, it happens.

My wife thankfully parks away from shopping carts/cart park areas, other cars and if she has to, parks near an upper class car.

Hope you get her fixed, you have a nice ride.

Aaron
Thanks. I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Just seems like it's Murphy's Law that if you have a nice ride, it's going to get at least a ding or scratch sometime. I just wish it was more along the lines of a buffable scratch
Old 11-02-2007, 11:46 PM   #10
LAP TOP GAMER
Full Access Member

LAP TOP GAMER is on a distinguished road

Don't get me started on these freaken illegal aliens! as this problem runs rampant in SOCAL. They get away with so many things here most often if you are unlucky enough to get by one of these bastards you are screwed and have to eat the cost of it as those bastards will never have to pay and they know it, the law is totally on their side.
LAP TOP GAMER is offline   Reply With Quote