Go Back   Tahoe Forum - Chevy Tahoe Forum > 2007 + Chevrolet Tahoe / GMC Yukon / Cadillac Escalade Year Models > Technical Discussions

Register to remove these ads.
Technical Discussions This forum is for technical discussions related to customizing your Tahoe/Yukon

Old 04-05-2014, 08:31 PM   #11
jimsnorton
Tahoeforum Newcomer

jimsnorton is on a distinguished road

I just purchased a '03 LT & my seat has the rear motor issue. I'll be taking that side cover off tomorrow & see whats what in there. I know this is an old thread, but thought I chime in any way.
jimsnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:46 AM   #12
tinezz82
Tahoeforum Newcomer

tinezz82 is on a distinguished road

I am having the same problem, nor sure if you still have the truck as this is 2 year old thread but what screw/bolt am I looking for, can you attach a picture if possible? Thanks
tinezz82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:46 AM   #13
spmorton3
Tahoeforum Newcomer

spmorton3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowufo View Post
From first post

I figured out that nothing was wrong with the motor, but at some point the motor had wound the jack screw too tight for the motor to be able to unwind it and move it down again. I unhooked the screw end from the seat assembly and manually rotated it a half turn to free the binding. It's worked ever since. You might be able to do this task without taking off the seat, but it does make for an easier working area
New member: 05 LT 4wd Tahoe

I have the same problem, my seat doesn't go up or down, but I was unable to access, let alone unhook the jack screw. Would someone be kind enough to explain how this is done? Also, I cannot remove the seat completely. I've been able to unhook the power to the seat, thus allowing some access to the mechanism below, but I can't unhook the two smaller wires near the seatbelt attachment. Thanks.
spmorton3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 03:09 PM   #14
jimsnorton
Tahoeforum Newcomer

jimsnorton is on a distinguished road

If you go in thru the back door, drivers side, move the drivers seat all the way forward to make room. The jack screw is located under the drivers seat to the right, looking from the back seat. You'll need a special socket, to access the bolt that attaches the up/down bracket, or use a vice grip, just be aware that you may damage the bolt head using the vice grip. anyway, back out the screw & remove it. Once that's done you can now raise or lower the seat in the rear, nearest the backrest. once you have it unbound, you can now manually re-position the jack screw then align the seat bracket to the screw & replace the bolt. In my case my motor will drive the rear of the seat down, but not up. PITA, because every now and then my seat will go into some "auto mode" and drive the seat all the way back & down, prompting me to have to go thru this manual readjustment of my seat.
jimsnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:26 AM   #15
BigPoppa
Tahoeforum Newcomer

BigPoppa is on a distinguished road

My motor won't move at all, I think it's in a spot that's bad on the commutator in the motor. I got it to move once by beating on it, but once it came to rest, no more. I think I'll have to replace that motor. For now, I found a slightly smaller bolt that I can just slide in there so it's quick to change whenever I want. Takes me like 15 seconds...

Anyone know where to get the special socket to remove the seat? Dealer? Snap-on guy?
BigPoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:37 PM   #16
AaronB
Tahoeforum Newcomer

AaronB is on a distinguished road

I have a 2011 Tahoe and the rear of the seat will not move up or down. I could not get the back release lever off. from the back underside the worm drive is on the left, it will not turn. YOUR HELP APPRECIATED!
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 12:14 AM   #17
Eric p
Tahoeforum Newcomer

Eric p is on a distinguished road

Is it hard to manually adjust the screw or can it be done by hand?
Eric p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 03:48 PM   #18
scottvan
Tahoeforum Newcomer

scottvan is on a distinguished road

What kind of special socket do I need to remove that screw on the rear of jackscrew? Using vice grips is gonna take forever.
scottvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 03:20 PM   #19
chrmbly
Tahoeforum Newcomer

chrmbly is on a distinguished road

This is wicked old - but I figured I'd reply since I dealt with the same thing.

Jack screw looks like a black tuning fork that is attached to a hole on the seat bottom. To pop it off without using a vice - you need an e-torx bit, a smaller version of the one you need to remove your seats from the vehicle.

I tried this and unfortunately, although I freed them up and they would spin when not hooked up to the seat (in other words motors had power), they wouldn't move once I reattached the jack screws.

I ended up getting a junkyard track and installing it.
chrmbly is offline   Reply With Quote