Go Back   Tahoe Forum - Chevy Tahoe Forum > 1994 - 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe/GMC Yukon Year Models > Technical Discussions

Register to remove these ads.
Technical Discussions This forum is for technical discussions related to customizing your Tahoe/Yukon

Old 03-18-2018, 09:16 PM   #1
ChevyAddict
Tahoeforum Newcomer

ChevyAddict is on a distinguished road
Default 4L60E Won't start off in drive

Thanks for any help I get with this to start off. We have been messing with this truck for over a year now and have a problem with the tranny that's confused even our GM cert son in law.

I have a 2000 Tahoe 4x4 with a 4L60E. Last year I lost second gear. So we had our son in law rebuild the tranny. Tranny pan has been dropped a total of 5x this year. The truck keeps throwing a code for the solenoid B being bad. I can drive the truck but I have to start out in second gear. I know that if the B solenoid is bad we would also have no over drive, but I've had overdrive every time. At one point I could put the truck into 4 Lo and reverse and drive would work, but that's stopped working now. I've had it scanned over and over and it always is the same code for the solenoid B. Last time we took the solenoids (all of them) and the harness and had them checked by another mechanic. All of them checked out good. We changed out the PCM with one we know is good, still no luck. So question is what should we look at next? I need to get this fixed. I love this truck and between the tranny problems and the ABS problem I'll be posting about in another post I've had no real problems out of it. Sorry I posted this in the wrong year/s I saw after I posted and I can't move it.

Last edited by ChevyAddict; 03-18-2018 at 09:27 PM.
ChevyAddict is offline   Reply With Quote