runing boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

l080100

Reaction score
Crawl under it and look along the inside edge of the running boards. Should be a pretty quick uninstall and obvious which bolts are holding them on. Let me know if you don't locate em, and I can send over a PIC or two...

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought there was a lot to take off on my 02 actually... its a bigger pain in the ass than what you think so set aside some time.

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced both of my running boards with nerf-bars on my 04. Took about two hours start to finish. The biggest pain is not the big bolts holding it to the truck, it's the small bolts holding the plastic and metal frame together. They all bolt to the undercarriage to keep it nice and clean looking. There's lots of them too. The two big bolts holding it in were about 7" long and they're a weird size head. I think 17 or 18mm. Whatever does not come with a standard/metric tool set. I lucked out and had a socket set that was separate from my tool kit.

I agree it may take some time, but if you can get a wrench in there it's not hard to do at all.

BH