adding fog lights to an LS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

galeo7171

Reaction score
Can this be done? Can I add the oem fog lights to an LS, if so where would be the best place to buy them?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read posts where this has been done. Can get the OEM lites from dealer or on the web. I believe you'll have to make your own wiring harness plus install switch.

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed fog lights to my '08 LS. I got the parts from my dealer but I took gmpartsdirect.com's pricing with me so the parts guy matched the price.

Two(2) fog-light assembly: 15839896
One(1) dash switch: 15096896
Two(2) wire harness extensions: 15789984

The switch replacement was to gently pull the old switch out and put the new switch in. That was it.

Run 2 wires from the fusebox under the hood (fuse 32 I think, I'll have to look again) - one to each foglamp purple wire on the plug-in harness that goes to the foglights. Then run the black wire from the foglights to the horn bolt and use it as a ground. It works in auto mode day and night.

For the fuse power, use a fuse power splice from an auto parts store and run both the power wires that go to the foglights into the jumper that comes off its fuse block. They work with the OEM switch and are independent of the parking lamps the way they're supposed to be.

azho

Reaction score
i heard that you have to get them programmed at the dealer is this true?

azho

Reaction score
do those things that cover the foglight holes just pop out, or do you got to cut them out?

SRT80

Reaction score
I know this is a old thread but I just got a 2008 Tahoe LS and I want to add fog lights. The only thing with me is I'm not wanting to wire them to actually work. I want them just for looks only. I see mary900 already answered about the covers just pop off.

My second question, how do you install the lights? I see aftermarket lights for around $25 but no mounting hardware or brackets. Once the cover pop off, is it ready to just install without any extra hardware?

Thanks,
Steve