Okay, questions about grilles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I have been hunting online for a while now trying to find the grille that is on this truck:

GHG102bg.jpg

That is the picture Keystone chose to advertise their dual ram-air hood for 1988-1999 chevy full-size trucks. That grille that is on that truck is sick, and I want it, problem is that I can't seem to find it anywhere. Maybe my google skills are crapping out on me... =(

I have searched LMC truck, Summit, Autoanything, Partstrain, whatever I could get links too. I am totally digging that full across-the-front billet design while keeping the traditional chevy horizontal split in the middle.

Anyone know where I can find this? Or better yet, anyone HAVE this who can tell me about it and maybe show me more pictures? Would be much appreciated.

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for finding those that is awesome =).

Man, those are really expensive. Now I'm not sure if I want them with the emblem or not... What do you think would look better? I'm kinda thinking that the no-emblem look is a lot sharper. I dunno.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those are called phantom grilles. I know that Stylintrucks has em. Yea a bit price, but i believe arnt they metal?? or is it just abs plastic. Well yeah ive always wanted one, but with the price.. hahaha But look areound some more for those grilles and find the lowest price and maybe see if a place online will beat someone elses price. :rolleyes: and u might get cut a couple bucks..

Last edited:

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well after looking at Yukalades, those wont fit your hoe tho?? yours is a 95 and those say to 93.. Ive tryed one of those on my hoe before and its smaller, like its to short like up and down ways. and when u put it on by holding it and strecthing like the bottom ends stick out.. idk.. ill find u a site in a sec..

I believe your looking for this one right? http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.a...les&canned_results_trigger=&partfamilyid=3536

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, I think this fits the bill perfectly: http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.a...=Grilles&canned_results_trigger=&partid=37057

Hey it's only $300. Not as much as I was expecting. You know... now I'm kinda thinking I didn't originally even know what the definition of a phantom grille was. So... I kinda think I found plenty of them, I just didn't know it because it was only a picture of the actual part, not the installed part on the vehicle like this one shown.

EDIT, just kidding actually. I don't want inserts, I want the whole shell/instert package so I can give it the shaved look.

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?partid=472568

I think that is what I want:
dynamicimage.ashx

Last edited:

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I want the shaved emblem shell, though.

Damn, I just wish I could find the exact setup that truck has in my first post. That is exactly what I want. The more I look at it the more I dig it.

Is it actually legal to black out/remove your corner lenses? I'm assuming definitely not, eh?

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, it would be perfectly legal - because you still have Signals in the front.. - thats all you need - that first link from Ebay that is the shaved emblem..

Something else i just noticed about the pic you posted - i kinda like the checker board dust covers behind those wheels

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? I think the checker pattern looks aweful and kinda ricey.

That first ebay link you sent me is pretty nice, actually. I like the space of the billet bars, too. I don't want the real fine billet lines, I only wanted like 5-7 bars on each section. That one looks like it has 5 bars.

Hmmm... if I had the money right this minute to spare I'd be on it, but $600 is a little much to cough up on short notice. Too many projects/investments going on at once. Don't you hate that?

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup i know the feelin - I just like the checkerboard because well atleast around here its not something you hardly ever see - actually i think that is the first truck i've ever seen with it - but now however, there are many of them that just have the chrome dust covers