Navigation Secret Keypad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2007TahoeLTZ4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure if this has been discussed here before but theres a secret keypad for the navigation systems on our navi systems.

1-Hit the hard menu button
CIMG0368.jpg

2-Goto Display settings
CIMG0369.jpg

3-Hold your finger in the bottom left hand corner (approx 5 seconds)
CIMG0370.jpg

4-Keypad appears
CIMG0371.jpg

The only codes I know of are
295660 a diagnostic menu
9448 is a more extensive version of 295660.
660 also works but you have to turn off the ignition and wait several minutes before the radio exits this menu.

DO NOT CLEAR/RESET ANYTHING. I am not responsible for you messing up your radio.

Anyone else have more codes?

I was reading on other sites of one to disable the OK prompt or to make it once every 50 times. The code they were throwing around was 1791 but ours accept 6 digits so who knows.

I think this could be used in place of a lockpick for just the dvd in drive functionality. Maybe even to access some new customizations?

If you want to see more pictures of the menus themselves....http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj242/2007TahoeLTZ4x4/NAV PIN SCREEN/

Last edited:

randyp

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't have any more codes as I didn't know about this secret menu. Thanks for the info though..

Mikenewb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else tried this or has gotten any more codes for it?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just went out and tried it. 9448 does not work, when you it ok it just goes back to the nav screen, 295660 has the most options. 660 has less options but different options than 295660 like microphone and button testing.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just tried it in the 07 Denali. keypad "did" come up. WOW! good find man. We're getting closer.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do any of these codes allow you to deactivate any of the "in motion" limitations? What are items do they allow you to change?

2007TahoeLTZ4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 9448 code works on mine....ill take some pics and post what shows up in different screens...the only thing is that none of these have options to turn on/off only diagnostics (like microphone level or touch screen calibration)

i really doubt there is a dvd in motion code but there could be im more hoping not having to hit the ok button everytime i use the nav or more features etc etc

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. There may not be any such code.
If there is, maybe its only works in Denso units made for non-US countries. :confused2: Hopefully its a software bypass added in.

9448 didnt work for me. After entering it, it went back to the screen with the hidden button. I'll retry it later. I did notice that once you're on the keypad screen, you can enter codes and move through menu "while in motion".

one othe thing..When playing a DVD, the in-dash(on screen) controls allow you to scroll left or right. This give you different menu options. One of the options is "DVD Setup". Nothing much on the screen. I didnt try touching parts of the screen for hidden buttons. no luck. But I will try again when i have more time.

2007TahoeLTZ4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone here have a newer nav disc than mine...my pn is 15934919 your disc could hold the key to what i need to possibly find some more codes

more specifically...if you care to fight the fight...put your nav disc in your computer and look to see if there is a file named "LOADING.KWI" and then PM me

from what ive read on other forums this is an update file for the software on the radio itself...others that saying 9448 does not work leads me to beleive that your radio is a newer version of the software than mine

randyp

Reaction score
My disk is p/n: 25850927

295660 and 660 works

9448 and 1791 does not.

Here is a listing of the files. No LOADING.KWI that I can see

2eykvw8.jpg

2007TahoeLTZ4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm well as you can see from my album on photobucket 9448 produces some other options...does your 295660 and 660 differ from mine?

also the newest nav disc is 25912408 (from gmnavdisc.com) anyone have that one?

i got ahold of the loading.kwi from a cadillac srx i think it was and i figured out how they found these codes so if we can find a new one for ours then it should be relatively simple to figure out something...if there is anything

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i get back home I'll check my DVD. I received it in April 2008. So it should be the lastest upgrade.

On that note:

I remember seeing something online about copying the NAV dvd and adding a file(while copying) to defeat the in-motion lockout. But it was for another vehicle if I remember correctly. But maybe the same idea might work for GM.

Mikenewb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was looking at that override again and its not for ours. I did email him and asked him about the factory installed deso unit we have. If he is (or knows someone) able to figure these others out, he could possibly do ours..

2007TahoeLTZ4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm ive been doing some reading on other forums and the way theirs works is the nav system would load into ram the loading.kwi file if the radio was disconnected for long enough but our systems seem to be loading it from rom im beginning to think that stdvce.kwi is the software that it would update itself with

also for anyone else who knows more about computers than me
they used IDA Pro to disassemble it and the processor is a mobile phone one Hitachi SH3 or SH4 i believe...i figured out how they got the pin numbers but i cant seem to get past that...ive also seen a bunch of references to /dev/...