Reasonable Cost for Dyno Runs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I actualy found a place here in town that has a dynomometer.
They offer 3 pulls on the dyno for $80.

I never had the D on a dyno before, and am interested in how my HP it's making after all the CAI, headers,cats, exhaust, elec fans blahblah...

I think stock it was 255HP. I wonder if I can get 270+ if I have it dyno-ed.

you dudes take your trucks to the dyno at all? what happend to your HP after your mods?

clean95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ran my hoe on a dyno at school.. 95 tahoe with a chip intake and exsaust it had like 220hp and like 330 or so torque. not bad when factory specs are 200hp and 300ftlbs

clean95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya the chip is kinda weak i think it just opens the limiter and lets u get hight rpm, a little faster acceleration.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I actualy found a place here in town that has a dynomometer.
They offer 3 pulls on the dyno for $80.

I never had the D on a dyno before, and am interested in how my HP it's making after all the CAI, headers,cats, exhaust, elec fans blahblah...

I think stock it was 255HP. I wonder if I can get 270+ if I have it dyno-ed.

you dudes take your trucks to the dyno at all? what happend to your HP after your mods?

keep in mind that stock 255 is at the engine, not the wheels, you will be lucky if you have 255 AT the wheels with all your mods. let us know. :thumbsup:

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my buddy has bad luck at those things, im kinda scared. he owns a pontiac bonneville, supercharged, camed, headers, exhaust, basically like everything was built up in his motor. he blew 2 of them while going down on the dyno... idk why i forgot actaully. but idk man spending all that money to get it dynoed then u end up getting a whole new engine.. then when my dad was getting his 80 Trans am dynoed, the ppl never put the fans infront of the car, yep you guessed it.. overheated...

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keep in mind that stock 255 is at the engine, not the wheels, you will be lucky if you have 255 AT the wheels with all your mods. let us know.

Actually, those GM advertised numbers are RWHP. I know someone who has a 1995 Tahoe (advertised 200 HP and 300 ft/lbs) and he had it dynoed to get a base reading before he modified it, and he got like 198 HP and 301 ft/lbs.

If these trucks only had 200-255 HP at the crank, they would lose too much through the drive train because of how big and heavy-duty they are.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, those GM advertised numbers are RWHP. I know someone who has a 1995 Tahoe (advertised 200 HP and 300 ft/lbs) and he had it dynoed to get a base reading before he modified it, and he got like 198 HP and 301 ft/lbs.

If these trucks only had 200-255 HP at the crank, they would lose too much through the drive train because of how big and heavy-duty they are.

WOW REALLY, i wonder how much HP we have at the crank then:confused2:

Whippled2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many vortec trucks that I have seen have dynoed in the 195-200 rwhp stock. With my setup, I dynoed 330 rwhp and 450 rwtq. My tahoe, with a 5600lb race weight ran 14.15 sec @ 95 mph in the quarter-mile.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm.. perhaps I could be wrong about the '95 tahoe I was talking about being stock... but I am pretty sure that was the case. I read online the other night someone who dynoed a stock 1995 Tahoe as well and if I remember correctly I believe they reported 200 rwhp. I have no first hand experience so I guess I'm not totally the person to ask, but that is just what I have heard.

BTW, nice run, whipple. That's a pretty sweet setup... are you the one on Cardomain with the blue tahoe with the funky round headlights? That's a sweet truck.

EDIT: NVM, yeah that's you. I like that truck man, nice work.

Whippled2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm.. perhaps I could be wrong about the '95 tahoe I was talking about being stock... but I am pretty sure that was the case. I read online the other night someone who dynoed a stock 1995 Tahoe as well and if I remember correctly I believe they reported 200 rwhp. I have no first hand experience so I guess I'm not totally the person to ask, but that is just what I have heard.

BTW, nice run, whipple. That's a pretty sweet setup... are you the one on Cardomain with the blue tahoe with the funky round headlights? That's a sweet truck.

EDIT: NVM, yeah that's you. I like that truck man, nice work.

Yup, thats me. Thanks. The headlights are still a work in progress. They work great though.