Squeeks Below

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biff467

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if anyone is experiencing a problem my 05 kon has started to do. It has 70,000miles on it, and nothing major has gone wrong. However, it has started making this noise whenever i accelerate. It sounds like it's coming from the rear underneath and it's a squeeking noise. The funny thing about it is the faster i accelerate, the more frequent the squeek is. until i get cruising and forty or so, and the thing is just squeek squeek squeek really fast. I've been told by my buddy at GM that he thought it sounded like a U-joint. But he doesn't really work on that type of stuff, he's a cadi engine calibrater for the tom versions of the cadillac. Anyone know if he's right??

tspain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a u-joint starting to go out, but as others have stated, check the rear pads, they wear out really fast on this body style, and the parking brake bands wear out also, and can cause noise.