Intake noise??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking into getting a aem intake for the hoe. Just how loud would it be running around 80 for three hours at a time. I don't mind a little noise, but I don't want it to be annoying!!:confused2: :confused2:

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normal driving, you really hear nothing. Step on it and it comes ALIVE!

I hear whistling when accelerating and decelarating. There was a small whistle/whine before I put on the AEM last weekend, but this past week it seems like it got louder. I'm probably going to put the stock intake back on to see if it still whistles. What kind of noise does the brute force make, because I haven't noticed anything but the whistling, but I haven't really stepped on it to really notice it either.

GTO2050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would buy K&N over and over. No noise whatsoever unless you stand on it. No whistling. oth of my autos have K&N and I would do both over again.

The other car is an Infiniti G35 6 speed Coupe.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My aem only makes noise when you stand on it, or under moderate throttle at lower rpm you can barely hear it over the exhaust. I went with the aem based off product support, engineering, and the filter media. K&N makes great stuff but the aem filter is light years ahead of the cotton gauze filter that most companies still use. Took me 20 minutes to clean my aem filter the other day, how long does it take to recharge an oil based filter? I've even had customers buy another filter for their kits so they don't have any down time between cleanings, or I sell them an aem dry filter for their k&n/afe/air raid system.

andyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My aem only makes noise when you stand on it, or under moderate throttle at lower rpm you can barely hear it over the exhaust. I went with the aem based off product support, engineering, and the filter media. K&N makes great stuff but the aem filter is light years ahead of the cotton gauze filter that most companies still use. Took me 20 minutes to clean my aem filter the other day, how long does it take to recharge an oil based filter? I've even had customers buy another filter for their kits so they don't have any down time between cleanings, or I sell them an aem dry filter for their k&n/afe/air raid system.

How much are the aem filters??

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Around $50, I usually step on one of the display filters just to show people how burly they are.