Newbie 2007 Yukon - Dealer Maintenance Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike454

Reaction score
I bought a new 2007 Yukon SLT2 at the end of last year. So far I love it - other than a few complaints (no auto up window) it has been great.

I am getting ready to take it in for its first maintenance. I prefer to take it to the dealership, that way if they find anything they can just fix it as part of the warranty. The problem is I don't live any where near the GMC dealership that I bought it at. Actually my closest GM dealership is a Chevy dealership.

I am new to the GMC/Chevy world having previously owned Jeeps. So this might be a dumb question, but could I or should I take it to the Chevy dealership for regular maintenance? I know that the Yukon and the Tahoe are basically the same vehicle but I am not a mechanic.

Has anyone had experience crossing over? Good or bad? For all a know people do this all the time and it is a non issue.

Thanks!

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is fine to take your Yukon to a Chevrolet dealer. I do the opposite ;)