Calling the wiring guru's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody know which wire on my 07 Yukon and where it would be located would be "hot" when the "tow mode" button is pressed? I would like to tap into the "hot" side when the button is put into tow mode and have no 12v when in normal driving mode. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if You look under neath your dash, there are a bunch of trailer wires taped. not sire what they for, but take a tester and probe them

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are not the ones I am looking for. Those go to the brake controller, large red is for the 12v, large blue is for the electric brakes, small white is for the ground and small blue is for the stop light switch (used on some controllers). I am looking for the wire that goes to the Tow/Haul switch in the end of the shift lever that activates that tow mode and the orange light in the dash when pressed. Probably will need a wiring diagram for the wires coming out of the steering column?
Thanks