Sticking Throttle_2011 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoyt52

Reaction score
I have an unusual problem I can't find addressed anywhere. I have a 2011 Tahoe with about 38K miles on it, when I push the pedal to the floor to accelerate on to a highway the throttle sticks. I can take my foot off the pedal and she keeps running full tilt. I tap the pedal and it continues to run full throttle. I have to put my foot under the pedal and pull up on it to get it back to normal. I have no problems with this any other time, just when I push the pedal to the floor. I have not gotten into this yet, does this vehicle have a cable to the throttle butterfly or is it all electronic? If it has a cable then I will try using throttle cleaner on the butterfly valve. Any input would be appreciated. Other than his vehicle runs just fine. Thanks.

hoyt52

Reaction score
Never mind. Turns out there is a service bulletin on this about the carpet getting stuck under the pedal. First time I have heard of it - thanks for the great communication Chevy.

tegger

Reaction score
Never heard of it before. Good thing that is just a minor issue.