Spilled drink in heat/air seat buttons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luhu

Reaction score
I'm a dumb ass and already spilled a damn Strawberry Tea in my Tahoe! Apparently it went into the seat buttons and now it's hard to press the buttons because it feels like they stick now. I'm so pissed at myself!

Any idea how to clean it out???

Last edited:

Exgie

Reaction score
I would have the switch panel pulled out and washed with water and dried real well. I do this with keyboards.... some say you can even put them in the dishwasher on a light low heat cycle, but I never tried this. You would be amazed at what people dump on their key boards.

Plan water is the best thing for sticky soft drink or other sugary sticky drinks.

Let me take a wild guess. You are a lady?

Luhu

Reaction score
I would have the switch panel pulled out and washed with water and dried real well. I do this with keyboards.... some say you can even put them in the dishwasher on a light low heat cycle, but I never tried this. You would be amazed at what people dump on their key boards.

Plan water is the best thing for sticky soft drink or other sugary sticky drinks.

Let me take a wild guess. You are a lady?

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner. Yup. My husband was SUPER impressed with me, lol. :happy160:

I'm not sure how the switches can be pulled out right there? I pop my keyboard keys off as well to clean under them, but I wasn't sure if this is how these buttons are placed, or not? I'm planning on taking it to our detailer and seeing what he can do with it if I can't pop the buttons off. Thank you for the idea!

Exgie

Reaction score
Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner. Yup. My husband was SUPER impressed with me, lol. :happy160:

I'm not sure how the switches can be pulled out right there? I pop my keyboard keys off as well to clean under them, but I wasn't sure if this is how these buttons are placed, or not? I'm planning on taking it to our detailer and seeing what he can do with it if I can't pop the buttons off. Thank you for the idea!

It was the Strawberry Tea that gave it away, not the fact that you decide to pour your drink into the switches. I bet, I am equally impressed.

The whole thing probably pops out, the whole panel with all the switches I am guessing. I am not sure exactly how they are in there. I wouldn't take the buttons off, you might be buying new switches. No they are not like that at all, there are a bunch of contacts, springs, balls etc I don't know anyone who has successfully taken a switch like that apart and put it back together and have it work.