need some stopping power help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denali814

Reaction score
hey guys, i need some help please, i have a set of 26'' wheels i put on my 2002 yukon denali last year, everything was fine first few weeks, but as expected over time they were just to much for the factory brakes, my steering wheel started shaking as if i needed a wheel alignment which i didnt because when i threw my factory wheels back on in the winter time the wheel shake went away, also when i had my rims on when i would hit the brake the truck would swerve slightly to the right..to the point i would have to turn the steering wheel to the left a bit whenever i braked to compensate for the truck wanting to turn a bit to the left, so my question is can you guys suggest a good set of brakes i can throw on there to help stop these problems but not big enough to where i cant throw the factory wheels back on in the winter time? if possible can something like this exists for $1000 or less

i was told these are my best bet since big brake kits will not allow for any wheels smaller then 19'' and my factorys are 17''

http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/61A5870A0A0.aspx

also thinking of picking up a front and rear set of these

http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/6...0A3331914.aspx

what do you guys think? also how do i find out if my truck has the limited slip axle or not? its a 2002 yukon denali 6.0L AWD all the time

clkelley

Reaction score
The pulling to the right is more than likely a frozen caliper on the left side causing the braking to be stronger on the right than the left, if the left is working at all. As for a better set up that would stop that in the future and on a budget, check out the links below. I have personally run the Premium crossed drilled and slotted rotors on my Dmax hauling crazy amounts of weight and I am running the Eline series on the wife's yukon now. They will impress you for sure.

Once they are on you will want to also bleed the brake lines completely, replacing all of the brake fluid in the system. Then completely flush the power steering hydroboost which will increase firmness in the pedal.

I recommend:

Premium Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors with the black corrosion coating and Hawk Pads with new hardware. That should be enough to solve your issues and you will be under your $1000 mark.

CLICK HERE to check them out in the catalog.