Heater problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in South Florida, so don't use the heater
But I have a cold that's killing me. But my front heater, only blows heat if I have it to MAX heat, other than that it's blowing atmosphere air wish is cool. And ideas what that can be?
Thanks for all your help

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be several things

-coolant level
-heater core clogged
-blend door actuator

I was thinking blend door actuator, because when you put it on Max heat it's HOT, hasn't anyone have problem with the blend door actuator or is it something common that goes bad?

NJTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my blend door actuator is bad. I took it off for now and I have the heat on high all the time right now. it's like $50 part. the panel under the dash middle to passenger side needs to come off and then there are 3 or 4 screws holding the actuator in. unscrew it and with the key in the on position, car doesn't need to be running, you should be able to turn the thermostat and see the actuator move. if it's not moving then you got you problem. if it does move then check the coolant and try a flush.

stingray

Reaction score
my blend door actuator is bad. I took it off for now and I have the heat on high all the time right now. it's like $50 part. the panel under the dash middle to passenger side needs to come off and then there are 3 or 4 screws holding the actuator in. unscrew it and with the key in the on position, car doesn't need to be running, you should be able to turn the thermostat and see the actuator move. if it's not moving then you got you problem. if it does move then check the coolant and try a flush.

I'm having this same problem. Thanks for the info on the location and removal of this actuator.

NJTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having this same problem. Thanks for the info on the location and removal of this actuator.

Yeah no problem, I'm picking up my part today and putting it in, I ordered one for $41.03 online.

ACDelco 15-72507 A/C And Heater Control Switch on Amazon.com

0352Marine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would first try and reset the the ac/heater head unit. This is very easy. Just unplug the battery for about 30 sec. then start the truck and do NOT touch the controls on the head unit for at least five minutes. It will calibrate itself and this should/might fix your problem. if you mess with the controls while it is calibrating it will mess up the heat/cold actuator. OH yeah and this is free except you need to buy me a beer. lol This exact thing happened to my hoe and it would not change from the hot side. This was during the summer.

NJTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I finally installed my Blend Door Actuator and while installing it, I had the bright idea to make sure it was working prior to installing it. DON'T DO IT!. do not test it until it is installed.
When you test the actuator while it is not on the blend door there is nothing to stop the motor from turning the knob and causing damage to the actuator. Luckily I didnt damage mine, I only had it stuck a slight bit. I opened the acutator up and took the gears out and set the knob to center and put the gears back in and works once again. Now I don't hear my blend door moving back and forth as I accelerate and decelerate.
I wish I had pics to show, but I was to busy freakin out because I thought I broke the actuator that I just received in the mail.