Snow day.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard Hoblitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just another snow day in the hills around our home. We were pushing snow with the frt. bumper but we made it through fine. About one foot and powder. :cool2:

Attachments

• SNOW JAN 080010.JPG
    SNOW JAN 080010.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 28
  • SNOW JAN 080011.JPG
    SNOW JAN 080011.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 12

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats awesome! i wish we could get some snow here! all we get is maybe some frozen black ice patches.... and that just sucks!

im glad to see the hoe handles well, or looks to do well in some deep powder!

sshepherd

Reaction score
Hello all. I am very close to finalizing my purchase of a 2008 Tahoe with 4x4 and 20" wheels. Has anyone had any trouble in the snow with the 20s?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just noticed, your high beams are on , did you mod them to keep the low beams on too? or on the gmt 900 tahoes, do they stay on?

also i thought you were not supposed to use your highs in limited visability as the bright light would reflect in your eyes or make it worse to see.

but i dont do much snow driving, just alot of fog driving.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the 900s have all 4 on when you turn on the highs. Also it is daytime in that picture , the highs are probably to be more visible to others.

I'm going up to Michigan in early february for some snowmobiling, i'll try to take some Tahoe snow pics. The place we're going gets ~200" of snow a year, so finding some shouldn't be a problem

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I am very close to finalizing my purchase of a 2008 Tahoe with 4x4 and 20" wheels. Has anyone had any trouble in the snow with the 20s?

Your tires will matter more than wheel size. The stock tires on the Tahoes are fine (you can get better though), as the OP has 20s on his and isn't complaining ;)

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you sure, when i turn mine on it turns off the lows, i read they do this because its illeagle to have the lows and highs on now for some reason. but i may be wrong.

but i do know that all our gm vehicles ( except the ones with HIDS) turn off the lows. even our 86 fleetwood does.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was putting new bulbs on mine I distinctly remember turning on the brights and noticing that all 4 were on. I just had the ignition on, it was not running, so that is the only slight possibility. The OP's picture kind of solidifies that for me.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was putting new bulbs on mine I distinctly remember turning on the brights and noticing that all 4 were on. I just had the ignition on, it was not running, so that is the only slight possibility. The OP's picture kind of solidifies that for me.

hmm, i like that they did that.

now did you push the stalk forward or pull it toward you.

mine i flash to pass by pulling the stalk toward me,

to hold high beams i push it and high beams stay on. but lows go off.

the difference might be the 9005's for both my low and high and the fact that you guys use h11's for your lows, which may have a duel filiamnt.

in weather like that though i think i would both see and be seen better with lows and fogs insted of blinding the on comming car with my highs, but thats not my business since i dont drive that often in snow. we dont get much of the white stuff.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock goodyears on my 07 wheels were pretty useless on ice and any snow over 3". I have the pro comp at's in 275/55/20 and they are the best tire I've driven on aside from a dedicated snow tire (blizzaks).

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked it on the way home, indeed I was correct they all come on.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:iagree:

The low beams stay on with the highs in both modes, flash-to-pass and brights.