Looking for assistance with problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdubya

Reaction score
I have a '97 Z71 Tahoe 4x4, 68K miles, automatic tranny, and towing package. The vehicle recently developed a nasty vibration between 25 and 60 mph. My initial fix was to replace the u-joints. That was a great move because the previous owners didn't grease the originals and they were dry to the bone. However, that did not fix my problem. The next solution was that my tires were out of balance. Well, after having that re-done, I still have the vibration issue, although not as bad as it was before.

Any suggestions?

radimus

Reaction score
When was the last time you had an alignment done? If not that what about the brakes? Does anything change if you rotate your tires?

firemanjim

Reaction score
driveshaft(s) bent or out of balance,tailshaft bearing,broke tranny mount or motor mount,loose u-bolts on rear leaf springs(prob not but hey who knows)

NOKUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually happens in sportier tires but possibly a belt has shifted in a tire. My Grand Prix did that constantly. Horrible vibration.

SPXTrader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an idea, but did they index the drive shaft when they dropped it for the new U-joints? If not, I'll bet that's your problem.

uxb101

Reaction score
swap your front tires to the back,could be control arm

mightymouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the front end and make sure everything is tight.
Worn ball joints, pitman arm, and idler arms can cause vibrations.