How Thirsty is Your Hoe/Yuke???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had to ask... Is there anyone out there that has taken their SUV down to "E" and filled completely up from there? That has to be some kind of life changing event! :eek2: :lol: I'm guessing, @ today's prices, maybe $75 or so to fillup? I'm absolutely afraid to do it--save myself from passing out! :ack: Anyway, most I've put in, I believe is about $66/Sunoco Ultra in NJ (ouch!:hlp:)...and that wasn't even from "empty"...

Oh, and let me be the first to say, HAPPY HOLIDAYS to the Tahoeforum community!!! :newy: :alc:

Last edited:

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've put in $75 a few times. Takes about 23 gallons to do it. In some states a full tank wont run you $75, but I am lucky enough to live in california, some people are fortunate enough to live in states that aren't run by a$$hole politicians who stick us with high gas taxes.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've filled up from "E" with 87 octane for about $72. It sounds like a lot, but I get over 400 miles to a tank so I am not complaining too much.

Rumplemenz

Reaction score
Why ultra? engine is meant to run very efficiently on 87.. or maybe im a retard and ultra is 87.. dont know b/c i dont go to sunoco..

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
holy crap you guys are lucky to have 23 gallon tanks, XL's have 32. i filled lastweek when it said "low fuel" or what ever the DIC says and i had to pay inside becasue here credit cards dont let you go over 75, filling up with 93 as i was gunna tow the boat out lastmonday, but didnt because it got warm so i left it in, and filled with 93 for no reason. to store for the winter at the house, cost me 123 dollars. :nonod: :zav:

a usual fill when just below 1/4 and use 87 as i dont tow every day runs me a bout 70 once a week.

Last edited:

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most i ever put in was $65 and that was on fumes... well to me it was cause the "low fuel" was on for a while. put in about 23 gallons so... but i can go two weeks on a tank and i really missed the bad price spike!

Rumplemenz

Reaction score
Today it was at 1/2 tank at it took about $45 to fill it up, but hey we didn't buy it for economy as much as safety and comfort.

Should i actually be considering putting in 93 octane? She runs fine with 87..

However if I can increase my mpg by more than 1 mile per gallon and pay only 25 cents more for 93 we actually would save money going with the 93 instead of the 87.. is this what you guys are doing?

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel cost around here right now is about $2.79 a gallon. I have taken mine down to E but most of the time I fill up around 1/8 tank. The shock factor is way gone for me. I had a 1998 Tahoe before this one for 9 years. It had a 30 gallon tank so I have gotten use to seeing large dollar signs at the pump. Good thing is I have a very short drive to the office, it takes two weeks to burn a tank of fuel so not to bad.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should i actually be considering putting in 93 octane? She runs fine with 87..

However if I can increase my mpg by more than 1 mile per gallon and pay only 25 cents more for 93 we actually would save money going with the 93 instead of the 87.. is this what you guys are doing?

I think when it comes down to it, it's more of preference. No big deal. I just know that when I put Premium in (>91), I get better engine response and performance (can actually feel it @ the gas pedal). But, when I put in a tank of 87, it kinda drags/drones (feels like the engine is bogged down more so than when Premium is used). SO...I compromise and choose a happy medium of putting 89 Plus and run a tank of Premium in about every 3rd or 4th tank...:thumbsup: This works for me for now until I can come up w/ some other crazy Frankenstein-ish formula...:D

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today it was at 1/2 tank at it took about $45 to fill it up, but hey we didn't buy it for economy as much as safety and comfort.

Me x3!!! Couldn't agree w/ you more LAP TOP! I absolutely love driving my Hoe! :D I knew what I was getting into when I bought it...still getting use to dropping major $$$ into the tank, but I can live w/ it. This thread definitely wasn't posted to complain, but just see what $$$ everyone is spending on gas and I was personally wondering how much it would take to fill the tank up completely if I had to do it--which I don't EVER want to do!!! :mpr: :lol:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea but ITS ALL WORTH IT, but used the denali insted, and towed it here to store today as i cant drive the yukon yet until i get all the lights squared away. :cryin:

Last edited:

Guardian

Reaction score
Man, if you gotta' worry about the cost of gas then you better be buying something else than a $40K-$50K SUV!

Richard Hoblitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Low gas reminder on

We ran our 07 down to E and the navigation system came on and told us where all the stations were and the DIC said how many miles we had left. When we filled it up it took 25.7 gallons. It holds 26 so we were on fumes. I don't remember what it cost but it was around 80 buck. :thumbsup: