Rear left door wont open! HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJLegend

Reaction score
I just bought a 97 Yukon and the rear left door wont open, when you pull the handle it feels like it just wont grab and open! I've tried to remove the inside panels to access the internals of the hinge but it looks like there isnt much to get at.

Any ideas?

I've tried prying the latch but its pretty tough so far.

mygreen98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like the rod came off between the handle and the latch, or the handle broke internally. can u see the rod, if so grab it with a pair of pliers and see if that will open the door. good luck.

KJLegend

Reaction score
How would I get to that rod inside? From removing the interior panels? I cant seem to get that bottom carpet part to come off since the door is closed, and I dont want to break it. But thanks I think your right about the rod inside.

mygreen98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the carpet panel is held on with push in fasteners.it should pop off. get your hand in there and feel for the rod.

KJLegend

Reaction score
THanks for the help! It ended up being the bottom latch that was rusted/stuck shut and wasnt opening right. I basically ended up having to remove it completely. So now it latches shut up top instead of both, but it works just fine for now till I find another one!

Thanks again for the help!