a how to question on dorr panel disassesembly!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trixi the tahoe

Reaction score
i just bought new speakers and im not sure on how to get the door pannels off with out breaking anything. is there anyone that could help me out ?

please pm me if you post

pictuers would be awsome

Last edited:

Bad bow tie

Reaction score
When you do finally get them off, you will notice that the stock speakers are clipped in with no pre drilled wholes to screw new speakers into. I thought this one of GM's more dumb ideas, but what can you do? Anyways, I put mine in by buying little self tapping clips that clip onto both sides of the metal around the speaker whole. You will have to drill your own wholes, then line the clips up and thread the screw through. This should fasten the speakers well. I just did mine in late December, so I have no reports on longevity for this particular way. (Good so far) Just make sure you line the clips up perfectly so all 4 screws will fit. Measure twice drill once. Hope this helps.

Bad bow tie

Reaction score
This was for the front door speakers on a 1995 2 door. Not sure if they are the same through out, but I assume so.

trixi the tahoe

Reaction score
lol i read more on the page that was sent to me lol thats all for getting the pannels off and istalling the speakers now that i think of it im also having problems with the passenger side door latch . it wont open from the inside only the outside but i can hear the latch moving when i pull the handel... any one know anything about this?