6" Lift Kit with 28s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

str8304

Reaction score
Ok all, I have read all the coments about wht kit to go with and or what is best...my question is similar to others that have asked..the only thing is, I'm not into the big mud tires etc...

I have an 08 LT2 Tahoe and just purchased 28x10 rims with a 325/35/28 tire. I wanna go with a 6" lift so I don't have to do any triming to my front fender well. What kit would be best for my in your opinion? Please note, I don't want a kit thats gonna have the front tires sticking out further than the rear. I want the front the same as the rear. I do not do any 4 wheeling or off roading stuff. I just wanna lift it for looks and clearance. Your help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

jonnyenglish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok all, I have read all the coments about wht kit to go with and or what is best...my question is similar to others that have asked..the only thing is, I'm not into the big mud tires etc...

I have an 08 LT2 Tahoe and just purchased 28x10 rims with a 325/35/28 tire. I wanna go with a 6" lift so I don't have to do any triming to my front fender well. What kit would be best for my in your opinion? Please note, I don't want a kit thats gonna have the front tires sticking out further than the rear. I want the front the same as the rear. I do not do any 4 wheeling or off roading stuff. I just wanna lift it for looks and clearance. Your help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

That is going to be a very different look for sure...Interested to see how it turns out
Good luck and keep us posted
Jonathan

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn those are some big ass rims!!?
I can assure you you don't need a 6" lift to clear them though, if a regular Tahone can clear 26" rims without a lift your probably lookin at about a 3" lift to clear them properly.
Check out www.4wheelonline.com or www.4wheelparts.com for some lift kits!

GMz71

Reaction score
Interesting....Ive seen one before driving. It was a silverado with a 6" and 30's (or so he claimed with his dub emblems) If anything, please don't add those...they look pretty cheap IMO. But as far as lifts go, I know trailmaster has a 5", Procomp has a 6", and Fabtechs i think might be a 7".

I would think maybe the procomp would be the best, because it still utilizes your factory coilovers, so the ride will remain the same.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People with 07-Up Tahoe's tend to have alot of problems with Pro-Comp lifts, I think the whole factory strut reuse has to do with it. Stay away from that.

str8304

Reaction score
Interesting....Ive seen one before driving. It was a silverado with a 6" and 30's (or so he claimed with his dub emblems) If anything, please don't add those...they look pretty cheap IMO. But as far as lifts go, I know trailmaster has a 5", Procomp has a 6", and Fabtechs i think might be a 7".

I would think maybe the procomp would be the best, because it still utilizes your factory coilovers, so the ride will remain the same.

Thanks for responding, but yeah, I've seen pics of a white silverado with 30s..lol...I just like big wheels..

str8304

Reaction score
Damn those are some big ass rims!!?
I can assure you you don't need a 6" lift to clear them though, if a regular Tahone can clear 26" rims without a lift your probably lookin at about a 3" lift to clear them properly.
Check out www.4wheelonline.com or www.4wheelparts.com for some lift kits!
Yeah i knew they were big but did not realize just how big until i got them delivered today! I was like damn!! A local shop told me they will fit but they would have to trim just an inch or two of the bottom half inner bumper more closer to the fender well or whatever..i figured to save a lil money i could go that route but after seeing lifted tahoes on here, i was like ****, i wouldn't mind getting a lil lift myself

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah a little lift will help, 6" is way too much though.

GMz71

Reaction score
No, you will most need a 6" lift at least if you plan on running a 325/35r28 tire. I looked on Kumho website, and it says its a 37" tire. You may need to add a body lift on top of that in order to fit that tall of a tire. Unless they make smaller tires for a 28 inch rim, but then your running into making your truck a very harsh ride. The NNBS tahoes require at least a 4" lift for a 315 tire, and a 6" for anything larger.

Last edited:

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, 30's are huge. Check out car domain, Theres a 07-09 denali lifted with 30's, strut grille. Also you tube has some denali's on 30's.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly what I said, the Esky on CarDomain has a 4" CST lift to clear 30" rims. So Kumho may have made a mistake because I doubt there 37" tires are meant for 30", there would be alot sidewall if thats true.

str8304

Reaction score
Exactly what I said, the Esky on CarDomain has a 4" CST lift to clear 30" rims. So Kumho may have made a mistake because I doubt there 37" tires are meant for 30", there would be alot sidewall if thats true.
Ok so I got my 28s mounted and balanced...they will fit on the back of the tahoe (could possibly rub if passengers and speaker box is in the back) but the front ones fit but would not be able to turn the wheel. So, I have to lift. I went to a 4wheel parts shop here and they told me that even with their 3-4" lift, they only recommed a 35" tire at the largest...They even told me that with a 6" lift they would probably have to do so some other customizations..their kit was $2800 and would take 2 full days to install..so, i might go ahead and get their 6" lift and then add the 2" leveling kit on top of that as well if that is at all possible. Is this possible?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeat its possible but unnecessary.
Look at this Yukon, it doesn't have 6" of lift but has 30" rims.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3126171
Those 4wheelparts guys are trying to juice you, but if you want 8" of lift then go ahead, should still look good.

str8304

Reaction score
Yeat its possible but unnecessary.
Look at this Yukon, it doesn't have 6" of lift but has 30" rims.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3126171
Those 4wheelparts guys are trying to juice you, but if you want 8" of lift then go ahead, should still look good.
yeah the 4 wheels folks are tryna get over on me...i say that truck on another site but i did not know what kind of lift it had...i will look into the cst one now!

str8304

Reaction score
another problem i think is that truck has the 315/30/30 tire....my 28s have a 325/35/28 tire..that might rwquire me to get a higher lift...i don't know but i will check into it though

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the middle number determines the size/length of the sidewall, so though his middle number is 30 and your is 35 you still have 28" rims so either your rim/tire length combo will be about the same size with his or just a little bit shorter than his.
I just want to save you some money and time, especially so I can see some pics.:yesnod: