How to read tint stickers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here know how to read the information on the bottom corner of each window? I'm trying determine what percentage the tint is on all my windows. I have a 2003 tahoe and it appears to be stock. I live in Louisiana and was thinking about trying to match the tint that I have on the back side windows to the front sides and windshield (whatever's legal). I'm not trying to go dark or anything, I just want all my windows to have the same percentage or look the same at least

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it should be 20-25% tint which is factory, btw im from LA too

do you have any experience with tint? what about the laws here? i was wondering if i could match up my tint to be the same all the way around with the factory tint thats already there

i drive to new orleans everyday for school btw, what are the chances

kandywhips504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i cant remember the exact laws, i think its 35 on the front 2 and nothing on the windshield tho, on my old 99 tahoe i had 20 on the front 2 windows and 20 on the windshield, and it looked pretty good and matched up good as well, my tahoe i have now i have limo all around and 35 on the windshield and i love it lol

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i cant remember the exact laws, i think its 35 on the front 2 and nothing on the windshield tho, on my old 99 tahoe i had 20 on the front 2 windows and 20 on the windshield, and it looked pretty good and matched up good as well, my tahoe i have now i have limo all around and 35 on the windshield and i love it lol

lol you're not going to get a ticket for that?

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i have a dr.'s note lol

a guy i knew went to the eye doctor and gave him a handshake with 50 dollars in his hand and said "i want limo tint all the way around" and the eye doctor said okay and now he has limo tint all the way around

i'd be too scared to try this though, lol