need some awnsers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr. yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, i've searched to not find what i was looking for. i want to install an overhead dvd setup. here is my question: did the 01 yukon w/ rear a/c controls have a stock option for dvd? i would like to put in a stock unit if at all possible. second question: theres a guy on craigslist near me that has a stock 05 unit for $200. will it work for me if i hide the a/c controls up above the head liner?

Gray Ghost

Reaction score
I ran into the same issues. I have 2 01s, one with a sunroof and one without. I went ahead and put an aftermarket flip down with a dvd player in the dash. It went in great and looks great, the ac controls are tucked up into the headliner. I was able to find a factory dvd player for the 01s, but it was pretty tough. I found mine on ebay. The 01 headliner is shaped differently than the more recently produced Tahoes. Kits can be found for the 02-current, but the one for the 01 is very expensive. Hope this helps, and I will check out ebay to try to help, what color do you need??