99 Tahoe transformation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WH0DAMAN

Reaction score
I thought I would post photos of the transformation I am making to my 99 Tahoe. I bought this truck last month after a big ice storm that we had in our area. I own a body shop and this truck came in after sliding on the ice and hitting a guard rail. The left side of the truck had damage all the way down it and the L/F wheel took a direct hit. I knew the owner and he was pretty maticulous with the maintainence and upkeep on his truck. The truck totaled so I bought it for the salvage bid witch was $1300.00. I cant leave a vehicle stock so I started looking at ways to make this one different. I stumbled upon this site and found a write up on Dr.Overkills 2 door that really appealed to me. From that point on I have been transforming this truck. I am going mostly black with this thing except for some chrome accents and wheels. I purchased the SS front cover from Street Scene and a rear bumper off a 99 Denali. The SS cover arrived on Tuesday and to be honest I am not really impressed with it for what it cost. It needs a lot of prep work. If it were for a car we were working on for a customer I would have sent it back. But since it is for mine, I will put the time in to make it nice. I also purchased black headlamps, park lamps, corner lamps and LED taillamps from Sport Truck Direct. So far I am not impressed with these guys. They were very nice on the phone but I received the parts on Tuesday and the Taillamps were completely different than the ones shown on the photos. They also did not send the park and corner lamps. I called them and they said I am looking a another 3 weeks since they were out of stock. I asked him why they didnt tell me that when I ordered them and he didnt know. I'm not too worried about that though since I wont be done with this thing for awhile anyway. I'm not sure what I am going to do with the taillamps though. They have these chrome pointy crowns at the end of each LED opening. I am into very simple lines and these dont appeal to me at all. Hopefully they can get me something else that works. The LT front suspension was removed and replaced. While I was at it I decided to remove the RT suspension and replace all of the bushings and ball joints. The factory shocks were removed and I replaced them with RMX Monotubes. The photos show where we are with the process on this and I will update when we get furthur. I did also purchase an interior out of a 1999 Escalade from a wrecking yard that is pretty nice. I will include photos of that process when we get to that part. For now we will just keep pushing ahead. It's going to take a bit since I am trying not to let it interfere with workflow in my shop.

Attachments

• Picture 143.jpg
    Picture 143.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Picture 144.jpg
    Picture 144.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Picture 145.jpg
    Picture 145.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Picture 155.jpg
    Picture 155.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 9
  • Picture 150.jpg
    Picture 150.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 12

WH0DAMAN

Reaction score
More photos

Attachments

• DSC06323.JPG
    DSC06323.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC06324.JPG
    DSC06324.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC06325.JPG
    DSC06325.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC06326.JPG
    DSC06326.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC06328.JPG
    DSC06328.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 8

WH0DAMAN

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace those rusty rotors. Any recommendations on a good site for a big brake kit?