Replaced H11 bulbs now they wont turn on? Help please!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caligts

Reaction score
Hey guy's,

I just replaced my H11 bulbs w/ some OEM replacements and now after being plugged in they wont turn on? What gives? I've changed bulbs before and know not to touch the glass area and was very careful but they just wont turn on.

Is there some sort of reset I must do or what? Any help would be appreciated.

My bad, on a 07' Tahoe

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its probably just the fuse controlling the headlights!
And if its not its may be that your Low Beam harness wires melted form a previous high wattage halogen bulb (55W).

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its probably just the fuse controlling the headlights!
And if its not its may be that your Low Beam harness wires melted form a previous high wattage halogen bulb (55W).

H11 is the stock bulb. I doubt the bulb that GM put in there would melt the housing? Stock is 55W. High wattage is like 100 watts

are you sure you pluged everything back in??

caligts

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'll look into it. Damn simple job turns into a freakin hassle....

Why not?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RT are you sure......there is no way stock is 55W and I melted my harnesses/connectors with Luminics 55W bulbs

caligts

Reaction score
I plugged everything back in and replaced the Factory GM 55w bulb w/ the same 55w factory GM bulb.

Thats why I'm puzzled? I never had any high wattage bulb in there ever.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then I can't see what else it would be apart from a fuse.
Are the other bulbs in the headlight functioning?

caligts

Reaction score
Yes sir...Daytime running light and signal lamp. I'll look into it further once my tahoe gets back from the store.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RT are you sure......there is no way stock is 55W and I melted my harnesses/connectors with Luminics 55W bulbs

55W is the only way your lows get Dot approved. They are 55W in every other Gm car I have ever owned. h11, 9006 bulbs are 55w, and 9005 are 65w. Thats just the way it is. atleast for lows, anyless and they would not be dot.

Are you sure the luminics were 55W and not 100W???

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i'm sure they're 55W but I guess 35W bulbs that aren't HIDs just aren't bright!
I just found a place to get 5202 HID's so I'm gonna order some and put them on over Spring Break, i'm pretty sure 35W 8000k shoulld not melt the housings?