programming '00 door remote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dave/angie

Reaction score
We have an '04 HOE and have enjoyed reading and adding what we know to the threads. Now.....we also have a '00 K3500 Sierra that I'm getting a new door FOB for. The FOB is $40.00..the stealership programming fee is $45.00 (which I hate to have to pay) unless I can figure out the way to do it on my own. Anyone know how to or have any suggestions ???? Thanks....Dave

:)

BLACK_DENALI

Reaction score
1. Close all vehicle doors.

2. Insert the key into the ignition.

3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-continue to hold down until instructed to release in step 9.

4. Perform steps 5 through 8.

5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine).

6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.

7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.

8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.

9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock the doors automatically.

10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until the door locks and unlocks. This step may take up to 30 seconds.

11. Repeat step 10 for each additional transmitter (including any existing transmitters).

12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode.

dave/angie

Reaction score
remote

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried that method with no success and thought that maybe I had other problems too. BUT........I guess my truck was manufactured late in 1999 and they titled it a 2000 and there were some difference in programming techniques. I got my remote programmed today using the 1999 program method. It took me all of about 10 seconds. Stealership was going to charge me $45.00. For anyone who might be interested....here's how you do it:

QUESTION: 1999 GMC Suburban - how do I program key fob?

ANSWER: Hi
Here is EXACT procedure from GM SI.

If they key is in the ON position during the programming procedure, the horn chirp will be disabled, if the key is in the OFF position, the horn chirp will be enabled. The horn will chirp when the lock button is pressed two times.

When reprogramming the remote control door lock reciever, All transmitters must be programmed at this time in order for the transmitters to operate the vehicle. Transmitters not programed at this time will not work and the procedure will have to be redone with all the transmitters.

Ground pin 4 to pin 8 of the data link connector (DLC). The receiver will respond by locking and unlocking the doors, and activating the liftgate window release (if equipped) within 2 seconds.
Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously on the first transmitter to be programmed until the locks cycle (approximately 10 seconds).
Repeat step 2 for up to four total transmitters to be programmed (if available). The receiver will respond by locking and unlocking the doors and activating the liftgate window release (if equipped) within 2 seconds.
Remove the ground applied to the DLC.
Lock and unlock the doors in order to verify the transmitter operation.
Activate the rear window release in order to verify the transmitter operation.

The DLC is the connector around the drivers knees.
It is wherwe they plug into to check the Service Engine Soon Light.
It has a small tab on either the top or bottom.
The Tab is pins 9-16.
I Hope this helps

Dave :)