Intake Manifold???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sidescrollin

Reaction score
So the 5700 has a garbage intake system stock. What kind of intake manifold/plenums are available??? I cant seem to find any at all!! Help. Btw keeping it Fuel injected.

also are Stealth Rams compatible and do they fit under the stock hood?

Last edited:

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the Holley intake to switch from throttle body to port injection. I took this picture before I dropped the engine back in. Takes a little work with wiring and so on........:yesnod:

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 22

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking online also from some intakes and heads, i cant find heads to save my life..

Sidescrollin

Reaction score
I was looking online also from some intakes and heads, i cant find heads to save my life..

As far as i can tell you REALLY dont need heads. l31 heads are an upgrade alotta people do on there 305s. its fine with them because they are using it on a TBI setup so they can just grab a carb intake. As far as i know l31 heads are good to 450+hp.

anyways thats the main problem. The heads. they use that 4 bolt instead of 6 so the intake manifold is weird and so far its been impossible to find upgrades.

Theres the GM performance RAMjet 350s which is there crate 5700 basiclly.But i cant find the Ramjet intake setup alone!!! I found ONE and it was like 1500 bucks. For that id just go with a Holley stealth ram because its around 700.
I was mostly asking if anyone new of straight up bolt ons. I dont wanna deal with new wiring or having to buy new fuel rails and all that fun..

Sidescrollin

Reaction score
I used the Holley intake to switch from throttle body to port injection. I took this picture before I dropped the engine back in. Takes a little work with wiring and so on........:yesnod:

that looks great. Im trying not to get as involved as you obviously are. are the AFR heads the same as the l31?? because if that intake works ill just go with that. what throttle body do you have and what all did you have to change out?

Whippled2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as i can tell you REALLY dont need heads. l31 heads are an upgrade alotta people do on there 305s. its fine with them because they are using it on a TBI setup so they can just grab a carb intake. As far as i know l31 heads are good to 450+hp.

anyways thats the main problem. The heads. they use that 4 bolt instead of 6 so the intake manifold is weird and so far its been impossible to find upgrades.

Theres the GM performance RAMjet 350s which is there crate 5700 basiclly.But i cant find the Ramjet intake setup alone!!! I found ONE and it was like 1500 bucks. For that id just go with a Holley stealth ram because its around 700.
I was mostly asking if anyone new of straight up bolt ons. I dont wanna deal with new wiring or having to buy new fuel rails and all that fun..

The problem with the stock vortec heads is the amount of lift they allow. That will limit what cam you can put in. I believe its 0.450 - 0.480 depending on where you get your info. You can solve this issue without machining the heads by dropping comp 26918 beehive springs and 787-16 retainers. You can reuse your stock locks. These springs I believe will allow you get a cam with lift up to 0.550.

Available heads are: the Edelbrock E-tec 170 or 200 heads made for the vortec intake and the gm bow-tie vortec heads (small port and large port available). Also GM fastburn heads will bolt onto the vortec intake manifold. There are a couple other too. AFR are really great heads but I'm not sure they make a head that bolts to the vortec intake manifold.

Whippled2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

GM part# 12489371 is for the bare ramjet intake manifold. No throttle body, rails, injectors, etc.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=NAL-12489371

If you want to swap intake manifolds on the L31 vortec engine, then you are going to have to do a little bit of rewiring. You'll have to cut and splice new injector pigtails on, nothing too terrible.

Here are some pics of my marine intake. I used a 16 pin connector to allow me to swap back to the stock manifold if I needed to.
IMG_2541.jpg

IMG_2543.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_2537.jpg