Looking at 2 Tahoe sports, need opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ac1975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at 2 Tahoe sports. I can't decide which one. I can't really go see them, since they are both out of town. Both trucks are similarly clean. Saw them on the internet.

One is a 1997 green on tan leather, 88k miles, $5995. (325 miles away)
The other is a 1999 silverish color on gray leather, 128k miles, $6995. (155 miles away)

I've talked to both dealers, and they are both available, but not sure for how long. I would say the 1997 is the better deal, but I really REALLY like the color of the silverish tahoe. I think it's a bit overpriced, but in all the searching I've done, it seems the 2 doors vary greatly in price. I'd like to wait to see if a better deal comes by, but I don't know when I'd see another Tahoe in the silverish color. It's like a light pewter metallic I think?

What do you guys think on the prices?

Last edited:

Colabella7077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both are great prices. I bought my 1998 from a mechanic for 8000$. Now, the truck with low mileage at 88k for 5995 is a steal BUT...usually after 88k you're alternator, water pump and battery will go. I've replaced the alternator already and depending on the time U-joints were installed, they might go. If so, replace both on each driveshaft at the sametime...if 1 goes, the next 1 will go. And the Silver one 1999, ask him for what work has been done on the car, look at recipts and get back to me. I would like to help you find the best one.

Colabella7077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, I believe it's overpriced. Get the KBB Value on it and work out a deal. You like the silver more, GO FOR THE SILVER, it's a better color w/ Interior. Get recipts ON WORK DONE TO IT!!! Pictures sent will be helpful.

ac1975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I sent you some pics. Neither dealer has much info on work done. They just said the trucks are in really good condition. Both are priced accordingly to kbb retail. Who pays retail on SUVs nowadays though? :p

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good point.
dont rely on anything a dealership tells you right now to sell a truck. They just want you to come in so they can get you.
Anything that can be wrong can be fixed. so go with the least rust, best interior, and lower miles if possible.

Get what you want, cause you'll never regret the things you DID buy.

ac1975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Get what you want, cause you'll never regret the things you DID buy.

Very good point! And very true.

Neither truck has any rust and both interiors are pretty clean. If anything, the interior in the silver tahoe has some wear showing on driver's side because of the higher miles. I don't think the green tahoe has the same wear yet. I wish I could post some pics, but photobucket is blocked at work.

I'm a little hesitant on paying that much, since I have seen some great deals - just gotten to them a bit too late. :sad:

Here's a good deal on another Tahoe, but looks like it needs some work. http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/931421951.html

Here's another, but I really want leather. http://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/928861484.html