Exhaust for a 97 2d 2wd tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

'97Tahoe

Reaction score
what would be the best series flowmaster for a 97 2d 2wd tahoe (my dad has 70 series big block II and it sounds damn good by i want to know what other people think)

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
40 series sounds better...

70 series is too quiet for my taste

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
50 series is a nice medium of loud outside but quiet inside at cruising rpm

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the new super 44 sounds pretty bad ass too. they say it's louder than the 40 series and it flows better. i couldn't tell much difference

Bmanies

Reaction score
I would definately go for a 40 series, but I haven't heard the super 44 yet. Leave the 70 series for the old guys.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the super40 series on my 99 denali, and its sounds great. its super low and gurgly when it idles. ad its doesnt sound loud at all in the cabin at any speeds.

madspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the super40 series on my 99 denali, and its sounds great. its super low and gurgly when it idles. ad its doesnt sound loud at all in the cabin at any speeds.

hey tree, you happen to have the part number for it? I have a 99 nali also and want one!

madspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THAT'S ODD, that number is for duals in/duals out, min has duals in/sing out!?!?:umn:

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, that one is for the dual out.

I couldnt find the flowmaster I wanted with the right output( in the apps catalog at the muffler shop), so I went to the duals. I think if I looked more online to find it, I would have.. but the dual 2.5 outs to 3.5 chrome tips fits that area behind the wheel ( where its kinda cut-out for the exhaust) real well.
sorry for the confusion.

Pete