Rims opinion.... Need opinions quick!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATM_Football

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm almost sold on these rims and I am calling the dealer tomorrow to order them and get them put on in the afternoon. I am getting them in 22's and I have a black on black LT2 with black bowties. Total walk out price for rims and tires installed is 2064. Tell me what you think about these. I greatly appreciate the opinions!

Attachments

• BurnB.jpg
    BurnB.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 9
  • burn_large.jpg
    burn_large.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 8

ATM_Football

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed something when reading the wheel description. The lip is POLISHED NOT CHROME, Is there really that much of a difference or do they look the same? Which is better?

chadlewis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
df6black.jpg

ATM_Football

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not only do they not make them anymore, they are 1000 dollars more expensive.

ATM_Football

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info man I liked those alot as well. Thats strange, I just got off the phone 3 hours ago with a place here in Houston that said they are discontinued? Well which ones do you like better guys? The DF-6's or the American Racing Burn 337's?

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually like the one's you showed first better than the Foose. Why? Mainly because the spokes are thicker and meet the rim with a wide area. And because the Foose looks unnecessarily styled by that chrome strip in the middle of each spoke, if that makes sense. Style is good, and I think it would look great on some cars, but I think these trucks should have more demonstration of brawn and toughness, which the first one does better. Or maybe I just don't appreciate a whole lot of Chip Foose's stylings, but I think the 1st one would look better on the GMT900. As for the polished vs. chrome lip, it looks like the polish is fine to the point of looking chrome shiny. But chrome would be easier to care for and maintain.

ATM_Football

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man i like them alot too... Any more opinions guys? Im calling in the morning

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well they do actually look good on your Denali, Chad- the chrome matches the trim, etc. I'm sorry I didn't mean to put down your set-up; didn't realize that's what you were running but they do look better than I thought they would. Both of them especially with black paintjobs.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of 6-spoke wheels. 5 or 7 spokes suit my eye better. The 6-spoke wheels just look too "symmetrical" to me.

chadlewis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well they do actually look good on your Denali, Chad- the chrome matches the trim, etc. I'm sorry I didn't mean to put down your set-up; didn't realize that's what you were running but they do look better than I thought they would. Both of them especially with black paintjobs.

Those arent mine, thats a friends set up Im not offended...i have 26" Lexani wheels..Ill get pics up soon

ATM_Football

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I found out that the DF-6's are not discontinued, only the 22inch size is discontinued, they still sell the 24's. However I got quoted like 832 dollars per wheel for them so forget that. That seems real high. I think im goin with the American Racing Burn series

chadlewis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I found out that the DF-6's are not discontinued, only the 22inch size is discontinued, they still sell the 24's. However I got quoted like 832 dollars per wheel for them so forget that. That seems real high. I think im goin with the American Racing Burn series

thats lame, you should step up to 24s:D

ATM_Football

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha I would but im buying a Kenwood DNX8120 as well so funds are tight.