ODOMETER not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hmbtahoe

Reaction score
ODOMETER is not working in my friend's TAHOE 2008? what could be the reason and how to resolve this?

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you find out why it's not working....let me know so I can re-create the issue for mine :)

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If he's under warranty he needs to take it to the dealer. That's what the warranty is for. Let them fix it so it can be their headache.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
08 model, I'd take it straight to the dealership under warranty.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AZSCTACO: If you find out why it's not working....let me know so I can re-create the issue for mine
Hardin Thick: Exactly! I don't see where the problem is.....

LOL You got 3 votes on that one, count you blessings. The time to fix it is 1 week before you sell it. Seriously though I wonder what other display functions are not working because they're dependent on that clock... Do the fuel useage functions, tripometer, etc still work?

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just call Odometer Gears Ltd at 757-593-3478 or go to

http://www.odometergears.com

They will have a simple fix for you and back it up with help over the phone in needed 24/7.

Just an FYI these things are all electronic/ digital, even recalibration for tire size is flashed in. I mean it must have some sort of driven gear for the speedo, but not like this. It's like you got a fuel delivery problem on your new Tahoe and I told you to call The Carb King for a new jet kit.

Thundergod

Reaction score
This may be somewhat related:
I noticed after resuming my trip home from work after a quick stop at a drug store that my speedometer wasn't working. The needle was at zero while I was driving. I switched the DIC display to show trip mileage, and it wasn't increasing either (makes sense to me). But, the next time I started up and drove off, it all worked again. Haven't seen it happen since.
This was just a couple of days ago. Weather was in the 90's.